|Gaming Board of Tanzania|
Gaming Board of Tanzania is a regulatory body established under the Gaming Act No. 4 of 2003. Its main functions are to oversee, monitor, and regulate the conduct of gaming activities in Tanzania.
The Board is seeking to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians for the following posts:
PRINCIPAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (1 POST)
Appointed by: Management Appointment Committee
Reports to: Information and Communication Technology Manager Entry Qualifications
Holder of Master’s Degree in Information Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent qualification with at least six years of relevant working experience in a reputable institution
Good pass in Mathematics in Form 4 and Form 6 will be added advantage
Possession of recognized ICT professional certification is an added advantage
- Assist in developing and maintaining Gaming Board ICT Policy.
- Plans and establishes ICT functional systems suitable for Gaming Board activities.
- Plans and organizes in house training for staff of Gaming Board on effective and efficient use of computer resources and ensure continued ICT capacity building for all staff.
- Performs other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisors from time to time
- At least 10 years of hands in various software languages such as PHP. Java. C/C++, .NET and Python will be added advantage
- Completed at least 5 information system projects (not websites) under his/her supervisor
- Practical skills on Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Advanced knowledge in RESTful and SOAP APIs, Queue Management. SMS Gateway. SMPP Knowledge. Data Visualization, Database Optimization, and Smartphone App Development using iOS, Android will be added advantage
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the below address or enclosing:-
- Duly signed application letter
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates
- Names and addresses of three referees.
Gaming Board of Tanzania
P.O. Box 1717
Par es Salaam.
The deadline for receiving applications Is 24 October 2019 at 16:00 HRS