Job Title: Legal Manager, General Contracts
Reporting Line: Head, Legal & Company Secretary
Application Deadline:18th February 2021
To assist the Company Secretary in preparing general contracts.
- Support the Company Secretary and Head of Legal on contract management.
- Manage the administrative function related to filing and storage of general contracts in an organized manner.
- Preparation of relevant legal opinions as required by the business with regards to bank’s contract issues.
- To coordinate, and manage standard, general contracts that are non-lending, but includes structured/loan products which are lending in nature.
- To assist the Company Secretary and Head of Legal in drafting general contracts on time for customers on request from relevant departments and branches within and outside the bank.
- As and when tasked by the Company Secretary and Head of legal, participate in negotiations, drafting and implementation of general contracts and agreements in which the bank is a party so that the bank’s interest is protected and avoid unnecessary loss arising out of poor drafting.
- To act as custodian of the bank’s general contracts.
- To assist the Company Secretary and Head of Legal in maintaining the contract register and ensuring all contracts are renewed/terminated timely.
- To manage the performance of Legal Counsel and Legal Officer- General Contracts, develop and implement training and development plans to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives.
- To provide guidance on contract matters to the business in contracting practices and procedures.
- Contribute towards assisting reviewing different engagements from the bank’s products and innovation team and transactional banking.
- Handle other tasks as assigned by the Company Secretary and Head of Legal from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills
- Business understanding of legal and risk management framework.
- Technical: Company law, contracts law.
- Behavioral: Communication, Decision Making, Flexibility, Quality Orientation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in law; a Master’s degree in Law will be an added advantage
- Must be a registered advocate.
- Minimum of 5 years’ legal experience in a bank or financial institution.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.