Trade Development Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA / BSc / HND
Experience: 2 years
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
is a supplier of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables (FFV) and cereals to vendors in urban Tanzanian markets. We connect farmers to urban retailers in informal markets, and by supplying them with quality produce, we ensure food safety and security. Saharan fresh is built around a simple notion – if you have efficient logistics, you can build a marketplace that pays farmers more and delivers to vendors quality produce at a lower price.
The Trade Development Representative is a key part of the Sales team and is the first point of contact in helping Saharan Fresh grow its presence within the Tanzanian market.
- Research and identify new business opportunities for general trade vendors / outlets within the defined region.
- Generate leads, finds new potential sales opportunities in the market.
- Identify prospective vendor needs and understand their business drivers.
- Present solutions to prospective vendors following a high-touch, high-value selling approach.
- Find new ways of reaching existing general trade vendors / outlets within the defined region.
- Foster relationships with multiple contacts within all levels of our target customer segments.
- Study each product offered and represent our company’s products.
- Persuasively educate and inform customers of how each works and its specifications.
- Upsell and recommend complementary purchases.
- Contribute fully to the team’s effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams.
- Keep up to date on trends and news from the industry, our competitors, and our target market.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years work experience in a targeted general trade sales role.
- Completed a post-secondary education qualification in Marketing, Business, Sales, or a related field.
- Possesses demonstrable experience in building rapport and trust to develop long-term relationships, leading to commercial opportunities.
- Have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships.
- Be an active listener, adaptable, resilient, and be coachable.
- Have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Be willing to travel within Tanzania.
If your qualified with this position requirement, Send us your Covering application letter and CV with three referees. Find the link from www.saharanfresh.com/careers. Only qualified applicant will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 10, 2021
saharan fresh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion equal treatment of all applicants. Saharan fresh does not charge its applicants any fees whatsoever and has not authorized any agent to levy any fees on its behalf. If anyone requests you to make any payment with respect to this application, please report the incident to [email protected] or to our hotline on +255 (0) 652 444 555.