REPORTING ARRANGEMENTS The Enumerators will report to the Field Coordinator/Supervisor. BACKGROUND Save the Children Tanzania in partnership with ADP Mbozi and Government of Tanzania are implementing a baseline survey for Tuwekeze Pamoja (TP) Program. TP Program is designed to improve children’s learning outcomes by providing a continuum of support for girls and boys from conception to eight years old that ensures their physical, socio- emotional, cognitive development and learning needs are met. The program aims to research and demonstrate the impact of its core interventions and the impact of additional interventions which focus on improving the broader wellbeing of children, through the reduction of violence in homes, schools and communities. TP also seeks to provide cost- effective, evidence-based solutions for young children in Songwe region of Tanzania that could be replicated and implemented at scale. The midline evaluation will target caregivers and children aged 2-3 years old, to collect data around their early care and childhood (ECCD) practices. The study will be conducted in Mbozi District, Songwe Region between 4th – 30th November 2019. We are seeking qualified and self-motivated individuals to support data collection as follows: – MAIN TASK Conduct quantitative/qualitative interviews with identified respondents in program intervention villages to assess the current situation regarding early childhood development for children in Mbozi District, Songwe Region. A senior team leader from Save the Children will supervise the survey along with the ADP Mbozi Officials. The enumerators will be trained on conducting Household based survey on early childhood development and learning as well as health research ethical issues and Child Safeguarding Policy.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 3 years
- Study and understand all instruction included in the enumerators guide and provided through the training in order
- Conduct interviews with identified respondents
- Coordinate with the supervisor on how to carry out the survey and to report daily work done
- Check that material necessary to carry out the survey is sufficient and appropriate
- Introduce yourself, explaining who you are and for who you are working in a manner that facilitates the participation of individuals in the survey;
- Ask questions in a clear and kind manner, and ask all the questions exactly as worded:
- Probe to clarify unclear answers;
- Write down the answer in an ordinate and clear way, recording responses accurately;
- Double check and revise the survey at the end of the survey in order to correct mistakes and sign off on completed surveys as verification of the accuracy of the survey.
- Ensure adherence to the Code of Conduct for Enumerators (attached).
- Maintain well data collection tools and survey asses including instruments, documents, notes and papers.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. At least a Bachelor’s degree in health or education related field or social science or other any relevant discipline from recognized university but with more than three years working experience with community health programs.
2. Prior experience with GPS equipment’s and tablet-based data collection and long duration fieldwork
3. Past experience in household based studies with poor and rural communities that touch on sensitive topics preferably in the key sectors of children’s health
4. Good written and verbal skills in English and Kiswahili; knowledge of local language (Kinyiha, or Kindali or Kinyamwanga) and community practices within the district/region is an added advantage.
5. Extensive knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection with a demonstration of good interview skills and community entry.
6. Ability to work in a team and cultivate team sprit
7. Demonstrable good track record of hardworking spirit, integrity and discipline.
8. Priority will be given to the qualified individuals who live in Mbozi District.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process, which includes background checks will involve complying to our Child safeguarding policy; reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Submit the application online to Save the Children at [email protected]
The subject line should clearly read “Enumerator for TP Midline evaluation”. The application package should include the following: –
1. Application letter clearly stating why you qualify for the position
2. Recent Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages that highlight your key qualification and experience).
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview